Are Americans getting healthier?
Americans might be getting healthier, a development that—if true—could have economic causes and consequences. The percentage of Americans who are obese declined from 2010 to 2011, according to a Gallup report released this week. The year-over-year decrease is "statistically significant," said Gallup's Elizabeth Mendes. A professor in epidemiology and medicine at the University of Iowa's College of Public Health, says "economics is driving this."
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- In 2015, Target Online Security or Be a Target