Are Americans getting healthier?
Americans might be getting healthier, a development that—if true—could have economic causes and consequences. The percentage of Americans who are obese declined from 2010 to 2011, according to a Gallup report released this week. The year-over-year decrease is "statistically significant," said Gallup's Elizabeth Mendes. A professor in epidemiology and medicine at the University of Iowa's College of Public Health, says "economics is driving this."
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion