Jackson Health System to announce 'significant' layoffs
Miami's Jackson Health System plans to "right-size" its organization with "significant" layoffs, Chief Executive Carlos Migoya said Friday. Though he refused to give specifics, he said managers are examining each department to see where reductions make sense without hurting the quality of patient care. Jackson is working quickly to decide where to cut. "We want to know in the next 10 days to two weeks," he said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch