Enrollment in UPMC plans soars
UPMC Health Plan said Tuesday that enrollment for its Medicare Advantage plans—an increasingly popular insurance alternative for seniors—grew at a double-digit rate over last year. Highmark Inc., the state's largest health insurer, said it had about 273,000 members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplemental plans as of Jan. 1. The Downtown nonprofit Blue Cross company declined to provide a year-over-year comparison.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs