Enrollment in UPMC plans soars
UPMC Health Plan said Tuesday that enrollment for its Medicare Advantage plans—an increasingly popular insurance alternative for seniors—grew at a double-digit rate over last year. Highmark Inc., the state's largest health insurer, said it had about 273,000 members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplemental plans as of Jan. 1. The Downtown nonprofit Blue Cross company declined to provide a year-over-year comparison.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'