Enrollment in UPMC plans soars
UPMC Health Plan said Tuesday that enrollment for its Medicare Advantage plans—an increasingly popular insurance alternative for seniors—grew at a double-digit rate over last year. Highmark Inc., the state's largest health insurer, said it had about 273,000 members enrolled in Medicare Advantage and Medicare supplemental plans as of Jan. 1. The Downtown nonprofit Blue Cross company declined to provide a year-over-year comparison.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream