Former Novant exec pleads guilty to embezzling
For 7 of the 11 years Carol Crawley Maultsby oversaw risk management at Novant Health Inc., parent company of Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem, she embezzled nearly $620,000 from Novant. On Tuesday, Maultsby, 56, pleaded guilty in Forsyth Superior Court to eight counts of embezzlement and was sent to prison for an active sentence of about two years. She also was ordered to repay the money she stole from Novant. Maultsby will have to use her retirement account, valued at $300,000, to pay Novant restitution. She will spend the rest of her probation, which lasts five years, repaying the rest of the money she is accused of embezzling.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law