Cape Fear Valley trustees give CEO contract extension, bonus
The Cape Fear Valley Health System's board of trustees voted unanimously Wednesday to award CEO Mike Nagowski a five-year contract extension. The board also voted 15-5 to award Nagowski a $189,669 incentive bonus and to increase his base salary by 2 percent, bringing it to $534,732. Cumberland County Commissioners Billy King, Charles Evans and Ed Melvin were among the dissenting votes on Nagowski's compensation. "I just felt that we should have done more for the employees," Melvin said, declining to elaborate.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules