Community Health buys IL hospital
A subsidiary of Community Health Systems Inc. has acquired MetroSouth Medical Center in Blue Island, IL, giving the Franklin-based hospital chain its ninth affiliated hospital in Illinois. Located roughly 20 miles south of Chicago, the 330-bed MetroSouth Medical also would be Community Health's third affiliated hospitals serving communities around greater Chicago. Financial terms of the transaction weren't disclosed.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US