North Shore-LIJ expands into NJ
The North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System has reached out of New York state for the first time, creating a strategic alliance with the Hackensack University Health Network in New Jersey. The system said the deal establishes its first formal relationship in New Jersey, while giving the Hackensack University Health Network access to New York City and Long Island. Both nonprofits will retain their independence, including boards, management and financial bottom lines. The two organizations hope to create cooperative programs to promote quality and patient safety.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically