Union submits signatures for measure to limit executive pay
On Monday, Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West submitted 15,315 signatures to the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters for a measure that would limit salaries to twice what the state's top official makes, union spokeswoman Carlyn Foster said. The initiative needs just 9,100 valid signatures to qualify for the Nov. 6 ballot. The union says the effort is aimed at reining in runaway salaries and exposing how the El Camino Hospital District spends $9 million it collects annually through a 1 percent property tax.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions