Morris, NJ, hospital might be sold to Ascension
Saint Clare's Health System in Morris County will likely be sold to the country's largest Catholic health system, both organizations said Saturday. Saint Clare's current owner, Colorado-based Catholic Health Initiatives, said that it intends to sell its Denville and Dover campuses and that it was in talks with its preferred buyer, Ascension Health Care Network of St. Louis. Details on what changes might be in store for St. Clare's if the deal goes through were not available. The parties released a joint statement saying terms of the sale are still being negotiated, but Catholic Health and Ascension expect to reach a definitive agreement by the end of June.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- FTC wary of mergers by hospitals