Wyckoff Heights Medical Center kept secret cash stash for bribes, judge says
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center kept a secret bank account that a former CEO used to bribe a disgraced state assemblyman, an upstate judge said in a court decision. Orange County Supreme Court Judge Elaine Slobod's decision brought to light new details about the Bushwick hospital's alleged dealings with Tony Seminerio (D-Far Rockaway), who died in a North Carolina prison last year. Money from the Himrod account was used to make payments totaling $15,000 to Seminerio, other court filings charge.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US