Tenet lawsuit against CHS dismissed
A U.S. District Court in Texas Wednesday has granted Community Health Systems' request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Tenet Healthcare filed suit against Franklin, TN-based CHS last year, after Tenet refused several offers to be bought by CHS. At one point Tenet turned down a $7.3 billion offer, or $7.25 per share. As of 2:30 today, shares of Tenet were trading at $5.41. Shares of CHS, meanwhile, were trading at $23.11, down 9 cents.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients