Tenet lawsuit against CHS dismissed
A U.S. District Court in Texas Wednesday has granted Community Health Systems' request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Tenet Healthcare filed suit against Franklin, TN-based CHS last year, after Tenet refused several offers to be bought by CHS. At one point Tenet turned down a $7.3 billion offer, or $7.25 per share. As of 2:30 today, shares of Tenet were trading at $5.41. Shares of CHS, meanwhile, were trading at $23.11, down 9 cents.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'