CHA submits 'highest and best' bid for Christ Hospital
After two long days of negotiations, Bloomfield-based Community Healthcare Associates submitted the "highest and best" bid to purchase bankrupt Christ Hospital in Jersey City for a little over $40 million, a source close to the negotiations told The Jersey Journal yesterday. Officials with Christ Hospital and Hudson Holdco, the second bidder, denied the report soon after it appeared yesterday on nj.com, stressing that the hospital’s board of trustees has to review the bids before the board makes a recommendation to a U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge about which bid is the highest and best.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer