MA hospital merger gets final approval
The state's Public Health Council on Wednesday signed off on the planned affiliation or merger between Lahey Clinic and Northeast Health System, provided the new nonprofit corporation—Lahey Health Systems—keeps Northeast's Addison Gilbert Hospital services at current levels for a minimum of three years and conducts a community health needs assessment for going forward. The Public Health Council's approval was the last that Lahey and Northeast needed before the non-profits join in their partnership. The affiliation will create a $1.5 billion, integrated regional health system along an axis from Gloucester to Burlington.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream