NY's Peninsula Hospital to close
Peninsula Hospital in Far Rockaway will be closing its doors for good, the state Health Department said Monday, marking the end of a tumultuous six months that included the facility’s clinical laboratory recently being shuttered after investigators found 'serious deficiencies' at the site. A Health Department spokesman said the hospital is now required to submit a closure plan to the state for approval. The state did not say when it expects the hospital to close, though hospital workers said they have been told it could happen as early as Friday.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US