Claims format blamed for Medi-Cal payment problems
Some of the molasses-slow payment problems blamed on a local Medi-Cal plan are caused by billing middlemen still adapting to new claims requirements, said the plan's claims officials. The staff at Gold Coast Health Plan and the company it contracts to process claims, ACS, are reaching out to billing companies to try to resolve lingering complaints about payments that appear to be months behind. Ken Dixon, account executive for ACS, said some of the problems have been triggered by the federal government's mandate that electronic claims be submitted on a new format called 5010.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions