AL hospital seeks sites for cancer, OB needs as cutbacks start
Cooper Green Mercy Hospital officials are scrambling to find medical facilities for cancer patients and new and expectant mothers as the hospital prepares to close its oncology and OB/ GYN units. Sussman said arrangements are being made to send oncology patients to UAB Hospital and the OB patients to Princeton Baptist Medical Center. Officials at those hospitals said Friday that they were unaware of any definitive plans with the county-owned hospital for the poor, which is slashing staff and departments to try to bring expenses down to the level of its revenues.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal