SC hospital closure 'unavoidable'; urgent care center in works
The Bamberg County Hospital Board voted to close the hospital effective April 30 in a special called meeting last week. Barnwell and Bamberg counties have entered into an arrangement with an affiliate of Memphis, Tenn.-based Dobbs Equity Partners LLC to develop a regional healthcare system. The system will consist of multi-specialty physician centers in each county and construction of a regional hospital. Both hospitals filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 9 of the U.S. Code of laws while they work to restructure their debt.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal