SXC Health to buy Catalyst in $4B-plus deal
SXC Health Solutions Corp. plans to buy fellow pharmacy benefits manger Catalyst Health Solutions Inc. in a deal worth more than $4 billion, less than a month after competitor Express Scripts Inc. closed a $29.1 billion acquisition. The combined company will be headquartered in Lisle, Ill., which is where SXC is based, and will have an annual prescription volume of more than 200 million. In contrast, the combination of Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions Inc. should fill about 1.5 billion prescriptions a year, based on 2011 figures.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts