OH hospital won't lose Medicare funding
A Chillicothe hospital won't lose Medicare payments over federal concerns about patient security and pharmacy problems. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid today announced that it is withdrawing a designation that could have led to a loss of the federal funds for caring for older patients at the Adena Regional Medical Center beginning on April 27. The hospital improved security staffing and procedures and corrected problems in the pharmacy in response to the centers’ concerns. State health officials conducted another inspection on Tuesday.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream