Alegent to acquire Creighton med center
Creighton University Medical Center will remain open as a hospital after Alegent Health acquires it this summer, Alegent's CEO said Tuesday. Richard Hachten, president and chief executive officer of Alegent, also said he doesn't expect layoffs. Hachten and the Rev. Timothy Lannon, Creighton University's president, said nonbinding agreements have been signed by their institutions and Tenet Healthcare, the for-profit corporation that owns about three-fourths of the hospital. Creighton owns the rest. Alegent will assume full ownership, but administrators declined to discuss the purchase price.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions