Opinion: What is Medicare 'double counting' and why are budget experts fighting over it?
Budget experts are waging a spirited battle over the Medicare changes that helped pay for 2010?s health reform. In calculating how new health care reforms will affect the deficit, one economist counted certain spending cuts and revenue increases twice. This isn't uncommon, but it's causing a stir.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure