Opinion: What is Medicare 'double counting' and why are budget experts fighting over it?
Budget experts are waging a spirited battle over the Medicare changes that helped pay for 2010?s health reform. In calculating how new health care reforms will affect the deficit, one economist counted certain spending cuts and revenue increases twice. This isn't uncommon, but it's causing a stir.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion