Heartland Health Joins Mayo Clinic Network
The Mayo Clinic announced on Wednesday that it has added Heartland Health in St. Joseph, MO to its Mayo Clinic Care Network. The addition brings to four the number of hospitals and health systems that are members of the network.
Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes Heartland Regional Medical Center and Heartland Clinic. It primarily serves northwest Missouri.
The MCCN is part of the venerable Rochester, MN-based clinic’s strategy to extend its geographic reach without building costly new facilities, spending cash to acquire hospitals, or consolidating with another health system.
The other MCCN affiliates are Altru Health System (North Dakota and Minnesota), ASU Health Services (Arizona), and Kingman Regional Medical Center (Arizona).
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers