X-rays and iPads: The network healthcare evolution
Thanks to the big stick provided by the Affordable Care Act in the US, some healthcare organizations are pushing more aggressive use of network bandwidth and cloud technology. But ask any random sampling of physicians, technologists, and health industry observers. They'll tell you technology isn't restraining the next big paradigm shift in healthcare. The bandwidth is willing. "It's less about the technology holding the industry back, and more about the reimbursement model for healthcare," says Kenneth Kleinberg, senior director of research and insights at The Advisory Board Company, a global healthcare research, technology, and consulting firm.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers