Freestanding ED to hospital: The new wave?
Florida Hospital is looking to eventually plant a hospital in Winter Garden. The plan is to start with a freestanding emergency department and medical office building, and then eventually—when the population grows some more—go in for the big certificate of need. And this isn't the first time a local hospital has pursued this strategy. HCA is taking the same approach with their Poinciana Hospital. HCA may take the same approach in Oviedo. But, as you may have noticed, both those projects are HCA's. This is the first time Florida Hospital has taken the strategy.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance