Freestanding ED to hospital: The new wave?
Florida Hospital is looking to eventually plant a hospital in Winter Garden. The plan is to start with a freestanding emergency department and medical office building, and then eventually—when the population grows some more—go in for the big certificate of need. And this isn't the first time a local hospital has pursued this strategy. HCA is taking the same approach with their Poinciana Hospital. HCA may take the same approach in Oviedo. But, as you may have noticed, both those projects are HCA's. This is the first time Florida Hospital has taken the strategy.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application