Freestanding ED to hospital: The new wave?
Florida Hospital is looking to eventually plant a hospital in Winter Garden. The plan is to start with a freestanding emergency department and medical office building, and then eventually—when the population grows some more—go in for the big certificate of need. And this isn't the first time a local hospital has pursued this strategy. HCA is taking the same approach with their Poinciana Hospital. HCA may take the same approach in Oviedo. But, as you may have noticed, both those projects are HCA's. This is the first time Florida Hospital has taken the strategy.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results