Freestanding ED to hospital: The new wave?
Florida Hospital is looking to eventually plant a hospital in Winter Garden. The plan is to start with a freestanding emergency department and medical office building, and then eventually—when the population grows some more—go in for the big certificate of need. And this isn't the first time a local hospital has pursued this strategy. HCA is taking the same approach with their Poinciana Hospital. HCA may take the same approach in Oviedo. But, as you may have noticed, both those projects are HCA's. This is the first time Florida Hospital has taken the strategy.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files