Freestanding ED to hospital: The new wave?
Florida Hospital is looking to eventually plant a hospital in Winter Garden. The plan is to start with a freestanding emergency department and medical office building, and then eventually—when the population grows some more—go in for the big certificate of need. And this isn't the first time a local hospital has pursued this strategy. HCA is taking the same approach with their Poinciana Hospital. HCA may take the same approach in Oviedo. But, as you may have noticed, both those projects are HCA's. This is the first time Florida Hospital has taken the strategy.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013