CalPERS $7B potential health insurance bunker buster
In the first part of the Health Insurance's $4.4 Billion Bunker Buster two-part series, I highlighted how the Medical Loss Ratio and Direct Primary Care facets of Obamacare would have far-reaching impacts beyond what most commentators have observed. Now comes the news that CalPERS considers scrapping health plans to lower its medical tab from the latimes.com. As the third largest purchaser of health insurance in the country, they are a bellwether. Even with their buying power, CalPERS is seeing their rates increase nearly three times the rate of medical inflation and are looking for new ideas.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream