Abington Hospital doctors oppose hospital merger
More than 200 physicians affiliated with Abington Memorial Hospital met there this morning and expressed opposition to the hospital's intended partnership with Holy Redeemer Hospital, according to doctors at the meeting. Under the proposed merger, announced last week, Abington would stop performing abortions in deference to Redeemer’s Catholic moral teaching—even though hospital officials say the entity that would open in 2013 would be a secular, regional health system.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US