Rural CA hospital CEOs see 'collaboration' differently
Could the three hospitals in Plumas County consolidate? Not likely. Could the three hospitals in Plumas County collaborate? Yes, but it could take some time. "We've met for nine months and gummed this to death," Plumas District Hospital CEO Doug Lafferty said during a recent interview. A $20,000 study, commissioned by the Sierra Institute for Community and Environment, lists more than 30 areas of potential collaboration. "No one small rural hospital can do it all," read a portion of the report provided by Mike Bell of WIPFLi CPAs and Consultants. Past attempts at collaboration went nowhere.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations