Changes ahead for Montana's Benefis Health Systems' ER
Changes are afoot in Benefis Health System's emergency room after contract negotiations between the doctors and hospital administrators broke down this summer amid conflict over patient care, administrative oversight and other concerns. "We just want to be a better-functioning ER," said Laura Goldhahn, president of Benefis Hospitals.But ER doctors contend Goldhahn's assertion is just one of the many inaccurate depictions of the quality service they say their group of doctors has been providing to people from northcentral Montana for years.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening