Hoag, St. Joseph form hospital partnership in CA
Two nonprofit hospital companies with a major presence in Orange County announced plans for a partnership as the federal healthcare law spurs more consolidation nationwide. St. Joseph Health System and Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian said Wednesday they have agreed on an affiliation among seven of their hospitals in Southern California. They emphasized it was not a merger, but a new holding company will be formed to better integrate medical care and to eliminate duplicative services. The affiliation is subject to approval by the California attorney general's office.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program