Backus to join Hartford HealthCare System, expand services
Hartford HealthCare and Backus Healthcare System have agreed to affiliate, it was announced Friday, growing the size of the Hartford health system and expanding health offerings in eastern Connecticut. The agreement, which is subject to approval by state and federal regulators, outlines how the affiliation would work as Backus becomes a part of Hartford HealthCare. The approval-seeking process is expected to take several months. It calls for the creation of an eastern health region for Hartford HealthCare—which would include New London and Windham counties—with the Backus Health System as the region's central care center.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus