Backus to join Hartford HealthCare System, expand services
Hartford HealthCare and Backus Healthcare System have agreed to affiliate, it was announced Friday, growing the size of the Hartford health system and expanding health offerings in eastern Connecticut. The agreement, which is subject to approval by state and federal regulators, outlines how the affiliation would work as Backus becomes a part of Hartford HealthCare. The approval-seeking process is expected to take several months. It calls for the creation of an eastern health region for Hartford HealthCare—which would include New London and Windham counties—with the Backus Health System as the region's central care center.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts