Backus to join Hartford HealthCare System, expand services
Hartford HealthCare and Backus Healthcare System have agreed to affiliate, it was announced Friday, growing the size of the Hartford health system and expanding health offerings in eastern Connecticut. The agreement, which is subject to approval by state and federal regulators, outlines how the affiliation would work as Backus becomes a part of Hartford HealthCare. The approval-seeking process is expected to take several months. It calls for the creation of an eastern health region for Hartford HealthCare—which would include New London and Windham counties—with the Backus Health System as the region's central care center.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013