5 Healthcare Uncertainties Made Clearer
Summer may be winding down, but while many CFOs found time to take a vacation, the business of healthcare did not slow down.
In fact, there's so much going on that it's dizzying to keep pace. Much of this summer's healthcare discussions have centered on uncertainty and everyone from the financial ratings agencies to politicians to physicians are stirring the pot. So, in case your much-needed time off didn't allow for you to keep up on all the big healthcare news, here's the rundown:
1. SCOTUS decision confusion. Though the Supreme Court's ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was supposed to offer some clarity, it didn't in all areas. Pay attention to these in particular:
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'