FL health system, hospitalists sign a patient care deal
Lee Memorial Health System has signed a three-year deal with a newly formed physicians group that will provide doctors who specialize in patient care in hospital settings for its four primary hospitals. Inpatient Specialists of Southwest Florida, a partnership between Nashville-based Cogent HMG and Hospitalist Group of Southwest Florida, will provide these physicians, called hospitalists. In addition to the additional control the health system gets over physicians practicing in its hospitals, Inpatient Specialists has also agreed to share in some of the financial penalties from Medicare if certain federal safety and patient satisfaction measures aren’t met.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream