St. John, OSU medical Center ending management agreement
Oklahoma State University Medical Center is terminating its management agreement with St. John Health System, meaning Jan Slater will leave her CEO position at the OSU hospital. The medical center trust approved the decision Thursday at its regular meeting. The decision to end St. John's management of the medical center was mutual but at the request of St. John. Because the two hospitals operate in the same marketplace, there were conflict-of-interest issues, said Jerry Hudson, chairman of the trust. Despite problems in the past, the hospital is now in a more stable position than when the agreement with St. John was necessary, he said.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'