Baptist Healthcare acquires hospital, rebrands
Baptist Healthcare System Inc. has acquired a hospital in Richmond, Ky., and has rebranded its statewide health system as Baptist Health. The Louisville-based company announced Wednesday that it has added Pattie A. Clay Regional Medical Center in Richmond to its holdings. The company also owns and operates five other hospitals: Baptist Hospital East in Louisville, Baptist Hospital Northeast in La Grange, Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, Baptist Regional Medical Center in Corbin and Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah. Together, the hospitals have more than 1,500 licensed beds.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers