Ascension Health announces agreement to buy 36-hospital system
Ascension Health Alliance, the parent organization of Ascension Health, announced an agreement today to acquire Tulsa, Okla.-based Marian Health System, which operates 36 hospitals and 150 clinics in the Midwest. Marian Health would continue to lead three regional health systems in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Kansas that would become part of Ascension Health, according to a spokesman for the Edmundson-based health system. "It's a merger. They will become part of Ascension Health," said Ascension Health spokesman Steve LeResche.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US