Ascension Health announces agreement to buy 36-hospital system
Ascension Health Alliance, the parent organization of Ascension Health, announced an agreement today to acquire Tulsa, Okla.-based Marian Health System, which operates 36 hospitals and 150 clinics in the Midwest. Marian Health would continue to lead three regional health systems in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Kansas that would become part of Ascension Health, according to a spokesman for the Edmundson-based health system. "It's a merger. They will become part of Ascension Health," said Ascension Health spokesman Steve LeResche.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care