More than 300 patients sue KY hospital, allege needless procedures
More than 300 former patients have filed suits against a southern Kentucky hospital and associated agencies alleging they underwent unnecessary heart procedures carrying high risks. The lawsuits were filed in Laurel County Circuit Court against St. Joseph London. Around 30 lawsuits were filed by Louisville attorney Hans Poppe last year alone. The lawsuits include claims that patients were given unnecessary heart procedures which information from the American Heart Association indicates has serious risks, including death in some cases.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts