IL physician group still feuding with Anthem, WellPoint
A large physician practice in Bloomington remains at an impasse with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Indiana less than two months before their contract is set to expire. Premier Healthcare, which has about 70 physicians, accused the health insurer Anthem and its parent company WellPoint Inc. of generating large profits at doctors' expense. Indianapolis-based WellPoint in January promised to pay primary care physicians more or create programs where they have the chance to earn bonus payments. But Anthem officials are just beginning to talk to Indiana doctors about that initiative, Felts said, so it has yet to affect doctors' pay.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending