Florida Hospital, UCF affiliation in danger?
Florida Hospital's relationship with the University of Central Florida's College of Medicine is showing serious signs of strain, according to emails obtained by Orlando Business Journal. It’s not every day that I get a public records request back with a joint statement from two of Central Florida's most influential names. In the Sept. 21 issue of Orlando Business Journal, we have a story about the growing strain in the relationship between the University of Central Florida's College of Medicine and Florida Hospital. Rumors have been circulating for months that the relationship had gone sour. In this public records request, we got several emails between leadership at UCF and Florida Hospital from February and August. You can download the emails here.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health
- Rural Means Older and Sicker, Data Confirms