Ohio Valley hospital system drops merger plans
The parent corporation of two local hospitals is searching for a new financial partner after deciding it does not want to join forces with Tennessee-based Community Health Systems. On June 6, board members for Ohio Valley Health Services & Education Corporation—parent company of Ohio Valley Medical Center and East Ohio Regional Hospital—announced they were going through a "due diligence" process to determine whether to partner financially with CHS. The move would have resulted in the hospitals being partially or wholly owned by CHS. At the time, board members believed a final deal would be reached this fall, but said Thursday the negotiations had ceased.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US