Ascension negotiating to sell Kansas City hospitals to HCA
Ascension Health has entered into negotiations to sell two Kansas City area hospitals to HCA Midwest Health System, which is based in Kansas City. The 146-bed St. Mary's Medical Center and 310-bed St. Joseph Medical Center are part of Carondelet Health, which is operated by Ascension. If the negotiations are successful, the two hospitals and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City would be sold to HCA. HCA Midwest has expressed a commitment to working with the local Diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage if they are sold, according to a statement from Ascension Health.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'