Sherman Health Systems plans to be bought by Advocate
Sherman Health Systems in Elgin, IL has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Advocate Health Care for an undisclosed amount. While the letter is non-binding, it reflects the two organizations' "commitment to the partnership." Sherman had considered expressions of interest from more than a dozen suitors. Advocate Health System says it is the largest health system in Illinois with 10 acute care hospitals and more than affiliated 6,000 physicians.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus