Sherman Health Systems plans to be bought by Advocate
Sherman Health Systems in Elgin, IL has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Advocate Health Care for an undisclosed amount. While the letter is non-binding, it reflects the two organizations' "commitment to the partnership." Sherman had considered expressions of interest from more than a dozen suitors. Advocate Health System says it is the largest health system in Illinois with 10 acute care hospitals and more than affiliated 6,000 physicians.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals