Analyst lowers hospital estimates
A Raymond James analyst lowered his third-quarter estimates for three hospital operators on Tuesday, saying it looks like patient admissions will be lower than he expected. Analyst John Ransom said it looks like admissions got weaker during the quarter, particularly in September, while other trends have been unfavorable. He lowered his net income estimates for Community Health Systems Inc. and Universal Health Services Inc., which will report their third-quarter results later this month, and Tenet Healthcare Corp., which will make its report in November.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers