McKesson plans to buy PSS World Medical for $1.62 billion
McKesson Corp. agreed to acquire PSS World Medical Inc. for about $1.62 billion to expand in medical supplies and services. The offer by McKesson is 34% more than PSS World's closing share price yesterday. The deal includes the assumption of about $480 million of PSS World's debt, bringing its total value to $2.1 billion. McKesson will acquire PSS World's distribution of medical products and gain the company's $2.1 billion in annual sales.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts