McKesson plans to buy PSS World Medical for $1.62 billion
McKesson Corp. agreed to acquire PSS World Medical Inc. for about $1.62 billion to expand in medical supplies and services. The offer by McKesson is 34% more than PSS World's closing share price yesterday. The deal includes the assumption of about $480 million of PSS World's debt, bringing its total value to $2.1 billion. McKesson will acquire PSS World's distribution of medical products and gain the company's $2.1 billion in annual sales.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs