Cyber crooks target healthcare for financial data
A study suggests that the vast majority of hackers targeting healthcare IT systems are searching for financial information, not snooping for personal health data or targeting individuals. "The vast majority of attackers seek information from which they can directly or indirectly profit," reads the 2012 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts