Cyber crooks target healthcare for financial data
A study suggests that the vast majority of hackers targeting healthcare IT systems are searching for financial information, not snooping for personal health data or targeting individuals. "The vast majority of attackers seek information from which they can directly or indirectly profit," reads the 2012 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians