No criminal charges for Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital officials
A former Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital CEO and two current board members will not be charged with criminal financial conflicts of interest after an investigation by the Monterey County District Attorney's Office. Neither the hospital's previous CEO Sam Downing nor board members Harry Wardwell and Jim Gattis will face charges related to allegations they had a financial stake in decisions they made or recommended. Downing, who resigned in early 2011 amid broad criticism about a $5 million retirement pay package, and Wardwell were the focus of the investigation.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers