Antitrust complaint filed against St. Luke's Health
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Treasure Valley Hospital say in a federal antitrust complaint, that St. Luke's Health System is monopolizing health care in Idaho by buying up competitors. St. Luke's Health System has acquired 22 physician practices, five hospitals and four outpatient surgery centers in the past 4 years, and is "poised" to buy Idaho's largest and oldest physician practice, Saltzer Medical Group. If this acquisition goes through, competition for health care in ID and eastern OR will be "irreparably harmed," according to the complaint.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer