Q&A: Wheaton Healthcare CEO on navigating through changes
John Oliverio president and chief executive officer of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare since 2000, with oversight of a health system with operations in three states and roughly 17,100 employees, including 610 physicians, recently talked about the challenges facing Wheaton Franciscan and other health systems, managing a large, complex organization. His top challenges include declining reimbursements, the growth of uncompensated care, and the shift toward population management.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013