Hospital systems to form their own insurance company
Piedmont and WellStar, two of Atlanta's largest hospital systems, said Monday they are forming an insurance company—a bold move in a rapidly changing health care marketplace. By elbowing their way into the domain of Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna and United Healthcare, the hospital systems could dramatically increase the competition in the state's insurance marketplace. The move could also change the way patients get care, because the hospital systems will have a financial stake in keeping patients healthy and controlling costs.
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances