Darden missteps, 'Obamacare' flap dent Olive Garden owner's profit
Darden Restaurants Inc.'s second quarter was far from appetizing, as the owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster watched its net income plunge 37%. The Orlando, Fla., restaurant company saw the sour numbers coming. Earlier in December, citing a litany of factors including negative blow-back over its response to the new national healthcare law, ineffective promotions and Superstorm Sandy—for its decision to lower expectations for the quarter.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor