Obamacare mandate may be 'mandate plus'
Can't get enough of Obamacare's individual mandate? Get ready for "mandate plus." The Obama administration always said there was a practical reason it needed the mandate, which starts next year. It wasn't to be mean to people—it was supposed to pull in enough healthy customers to help pay for all the sick people who will get coverage. That's why the White House stuck with it all the way to the Supreme Court—however unpopular politically, it was the best tool to make the new health system work.
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- Hospitals Tops in Physician Benefits
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO